[This post has been updated with new stats]
There are no more excuses to not provide every one of your website visitors a tailored and personalized content experience. Our clients and prospects have spoken and agree that they appreciate a relevant and non-creepy personalized approach, they like the way it saves them time and effort. With all the data that is available (location, referral source, # of visits, search query, content consumed, device etc…) at an organization’s fingertips about their audience there’s no reason not to put it to use.
Don’t believe me that content personalization is essential in 2015? Then check out these 23 shocking content personalization stats, they prove that when personalization is in effect on your website, visitors will interact with your site longer, engage at higher levels and are more likely to convert and purchase.
After checking out these powerful stats from a variety of authoritative sources, it’s easy to see why more and more organizations are looking for ways to add personalization into their 2015 content marketing strategy.
Are you considering adding it to your marketing plan as well?
Check out the stats below and then reach out to us so we can show you how easy content personalization could be when using Triblio.
23 Shocking Content Personalization Stats
- Marketers see an average increase of 20% in sales when using personalized web experiences. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- Personalized CTAs resulted in a 42% higher conversion rate than generic CTAs. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- Leads who are nurtured with personalized content produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- Landing pages and blogs have an average bounce rate of 70 to 90%. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- The average website conversion rate is 2%. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 74% of consumers get frustrated when website content appears that has nothing to do with their interests. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 76% of marketers define real-time marketing as personalizing content in response to customer interactions. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 52% of marketers see content personalization as critical to their digital strategies. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- “…supplier websites are the most popular channels for conducting research online, according to 83 percent of respondents…” (Accenture) CLICK TO TWEET
- The first 10 seconds of the page visit are critical for users’ decision to stay or leave (Microsoft Research) CLICK TO TWEET
- 65% [of buyers] will come away from it [the buyer journey] frustrated by inconsistent experiences (McKinsey) CLICK TO TWEET
- Individual customer stakeholders who perceived supplier content to be tailored to their specific needs were 40% more willing to buy from that supplier than stakeholders who didn’t (CEB in Harvard Business Review) CLICK TO TWEET
- 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- On average, 5.4 people now have to formally sign off on each purchase (CEB in HBR) CLICK TO TWEET
- 74% of business buyers conduct more than half of their research online before making an offline purchase (Forrester) CLICK TO TWEET
- [Organizations are] 57% of the way through the [purchase decision] process before they engage with supplier sales reps (CEB in HBR) CLICK TO TWEET
- 81% of marketers perceive increases in customer engagement as a main benefit of real-time marketing. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 60% note they struggle to personalize content in real-time, yet 77% believe real-time personalization is crucial. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 75% say “dynamic, personalized content” across channels is very important. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 35% of Amazon’s revenue are generated by it’s recommendation engine. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 75% of users select movies based on Netflix’s recommendations. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
- 46% of marketers cited lack of time as the biggest hurdle to content marketing personalization. (Source) CLICK TO TWEET
Are you ready to start personalizing your customer’s experience along their buyer’s journey? Triblio can help, click here to request a demo
- Janrain & Harris Interactive
- DM News
- Demand Metric
- DemandGen Report
- Venture Beat