[This post has been updated with new stats]
There are no more excuses to not provide every one of your website visitors a tailored and personalized content experience. Our clients and prospects have spoken and agree that they appreciate a relevant and non-creepy personalized approach, they like the way it saves them time and effort. With all the data that is available (location, referral source, # of visits, search query, content consumed, device etc…) at an organization’s fingertips about their audience there’s no reason not to put it to use.
Don’t believe me that content personalization is essential in 2015? Then check out these 23 shocking content personalization stats, they prove that when personalization is in effect on your website, visitors will interact with your site longer, engage at higher levels and are more likely to convert and purchase.
After checking out these powerful stats from a variety of authoritative sources, it’s easy to see why more and more organizations are looking for ways to add personalization into their 2015 content marketing strategy.
Are you considering adding it to your marketing plan as well?
Check out the stats below and then reach out to us so we can show you how easy content personalization could be when using Triblio.
23 Shocking Content Personalization Stats
- 70% of B2B marketers plan to create more content in 2017 than 2016. (Source)
- Long-form blog posts generate 9x more leads than short-form blog posts. (Source)
- The demand for infographics has increased 800% in the past year. (Source)
- 200 milion+ people now use ad blockers, including 16% of the US population. (Source)
- The average website conversion rate is 2%. (Source)
- 29% of leading marketers systematically reuse and repurpose content. (Source)
- Top three B2B goals of content marketing: Lead Generation (85%); Sales (84%); Lead Nurturing (78%). (Source)
- 96% of B2B buyers wanter content with more input from industry thought leaders. (Source)
- “81%+ of marketers found that increased traffic occurred with as little as 6 hours per week invested in social media marketing.” (Source)
- The first 10 seconds of the page visit are critical for users’ decision to stay or leave (Microsoft Research)
- 65% [of buyers] will come away from it [the buyer journey] frustrated by inconsistent experiences (McKinsey)
- Individual customer stakeholders who perceived supplier content to be tailored to their specific needs were 40% more willing to buy from that supplier than stakeholders who didn’t (CEB in Harvard Business Review)
- 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing (Source)
- On average, 6.8 people now have to formally sign off on each purchase, up from 5.4 in 2014 (Source)
- 74% of business buyers conduct more than half of their research online before making an offline purchase (Forrester)
- [Organizations are] 57% of the way through the [purchase decision] process before they engage with supplier sales reps (CEB in HBR)
- 81% of marketers perceive increases in customer engagement as a main benefit of real-time marketing. (Source)
- 60% note they struggle to personalize content in real-time, yet 77% believe real-time personalization is crucial. (Source)
- 75% say “dynamic, personalized content” across channels is very important. (Source)
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience. (Source)
- 35% of Amazon’s revenue is generated by its recommendation engine. (Source)
- About 49% of marketers are learning to drive content to align with the buyer’s journey (Source)
- 46% of marketers cited lack of time as the biggest hurdle to content marketing personalization. (Source)
Are you ready to start personalizing your customer’s experience along their buyer’s journey? Triblio can help, click here to request a demo
- Janrain & Harris Interactive
- DM News
- Demand Metric
- DemandGen Report
- Venture Beat
- Social Media Examiner
- Content Marketing Institute